On April 7, 2018, Purdue University and IPhO hosted the 3rd annual Midwest Regional Symposium.
Students from 6 different midwestern schools of pharmacy attended the event, which made this year's attendance count the highest to-date! The event featured speakers that represented a variety of industry roles and allowed students to learn more about opportunities for PharmDs in industry. Students were also made aware of the numerous different pathways available to attaining an industry career and had a valuable opportunity to network with the attending industry professionals.
We wanted to take a moment to congratulate the IPhO National Student Officers (NSOs) and Regional Student Officers (RSOs) who have accepted industry fellowship positions! This is a tremendous accomplishment and one that each NSO/RSO worked hard for and so greatly deserves.
We are pleased to congratulate the following NSOs and RSOs on their new upcoming fellowship positions!
On Wednesday, March 28, 2018, MCPHS University Boston IPhO Student Chapter hosted its annual Northeast Regional Event. Students from across the region gathered to learn about the different oncology roles a pharmacist can have within the pharmaceutical industry. Students from 6 nearby IPhO chapters joined, including: MCPHS University Boston, Worcester, and Manchester, University of New England, Western New England University, and Northeastern University. This is the 5th year that MCPHS University Boston has hosted the event, which facilitates opportunities for networking with other students, faculty, fellows, and industry pharmacists.
- March 06, 2018 11:12 amRT @fwpharma: Japan estimated to have saved 1.3 trillion yen in fiscal 2017 through increased use of #generic drugs https://t.co/eo3s2nuurm
- March 06, 2018 11:12 amRT @fwpharma: Bristol-Myers Squibb's Opdivo cleared for once every four-week dosing by FDA https://t.co/b3KMkrjnc4 $BMS
- March 06, 2018 10:08 am@JCP_L Estimated restoration was just changed to 3/8 - how is this acceptable? We have another snow storm coming.… https://t.co/YOAUcbeMZa
- February 15, 2018 06:16 pmRT @fwpharma: Novartis garners FDA clearance for generic version of three-times weekly Copaxone formulation https://t.co/2BSQT2W4X6 $NVS $T…
- February 15, 2018 06:16 pmRT @fwpharma: FDA clears Johnson & Johnson's Erleada for certain patients with prostate cancer https://t.co/Me3IBUxUxX $JNJ #FDA #pharma
- February 02, 2018 03:15 pmRT @fwpharma: AstraZeneca's fourth-quarter sales lift 3 percent, led by cancer drugs Lynparza, Tagrisso https://t.co/w3qkIGsipR $AZN
- February 01, 2018 01:48 pmRT @fwpharma: Seattle Genetics to acquire Cascadian Therapeutics for $614 million, gaining experimental cancer drug tucatinib https://t.co/…
- February 01, 2018 01:48 pmRT @fwpharma: BREAKING NEWS: Sanofi to buy Ablynx for 3.9 billion euros https://t.co/hnTeyc2MY2 $SNY $ABLX
- January 25, 2018 03:27 pmRT @fwpharma: US Senate confirms Alex Azar as HHS Secretary https://t.co/mG1BYGfpXg
- January 25, 2018 03:27 pmRT @fwpharma: Novartis licenses Sparks' ophthalmology gene therapy Luxturna outside the US https://t.co/597ZXieHlO
- January 25, 2018 03:27 pm@benjaminwittes https://t.co/LJvYhU71w6 prelude to a refusal to meet with OSC?
- January 22, 2018 08:53 amRT @fwpharma: BREAKING NEWS: Celgene to acquire Juno Therapeutics for around $9 billion https://t.co/pTNpdqMknP $CELG $JUNO
- January 22, 2018 08:53 amRT @fwpharma: BREAKING NEWS: Sanofi to buy Bioverativ for $11.6 billion https://t.co/1yddHyLNLO $SNY $BIVV
- January 22, 2018 08:53 amRT @fwpharma: Two late-stage studies of Teva's subcutaneously administered reslizumab in asthma fail to hit main goals https://t.co/HNPH76w…
- January 02, 2018 08:46 amRT @fwpharma: FDA rejects Agile Therapeutics' Twirla contraceptive patch for second time; shares drop https://t.co/kUBfgJMpRL
- January 02, 2018 08:46 amRT @fwpharma: AND: Mallinckrodt to buy Sucampo under $1.2-billion deal https://t.co/B1ocVXKgmS
- December 23, 2017 08:38 amRT @fwpharma: FDA designates Novartis' Tafinlar, Mekinist combination in melanoma for priority review https://t.co/VZPJVEsI7g
- December 21, 2017 09:20 amRT @fwpharma: AbbVie's selective JAK1 inhibitor upadacitinib meets main goals of Phase III rheumatoid arthritis study https://t.co/dZDK9Gkt…
- December 21, 2017 09:20 amRT @fwpharma: FDA clears Spark Therapeutics' gene therapy Luxturna for inherited form of retinal dystrophy https://t.co/J45VSKYWbZ $ONCE #G…
- December 19, 2017 09:46 amRT @fwpharma: Roche enters deal with DiCE Molecules to develop small-molecule drugs https://t.co/7gHQZZ7IdO $RHHBY