On Saturday, February 17th, Industry Pharmacists Organization (IPhO) and its Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) School of Pharmacy chapter hosted the Western Regional Symposium. The event brought together students and representatives from top biotechnology companies to provide valuable information about industry career opportunities and insight into current issues, trends, and what to expect in industry.
Attendees heard from academic leaders at KGI, including Dr. Samit Shah, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, and Prof. Bernard Tyrrell, Associate Dean of Industry Relations, who spoke about industry’s need for the specialized training and skills that PharmD candidates offer their companies as well as the importance of drug development best practices in the future of industry.
IPhO is pleased to announce a new fellowship collaboration with BioNJ, adding to its family of fellowship partner companies that also includes Novocure, RevHealth, and UCB.
BioNJ is a powerful network of 400 member companies all dedicated to enhancing the climate for biotechnology in the state of New Jersey, representing research-based life sciences companies and stakeholders.
BioNJ is excited to introduce an Entrepreneurship Fellowship Program created to mentor, develop and train life sciences entrepreneurs in New Jersey to encourage the establishment and location of start-ups in the state.
The program will be sponsored by four New Jersey-based life sciences companies that offer high-value projects and experiences, including the opportunity for the fellow to shadow a senior executive from each company. Upon program completion, the fellow will have an established business network and will be prepared to pursue a start-up in the New Jersey region.
IPhO is pleased to announce the addition of another new student chapter to our growing national network!
Congratulations to student pharmacists at Pacific University School of Pharmacy. IPhO now connects them to a national network of over 4,000 student pharmacists with similar interests, as well as a national network of hundreds of industry fellows and thousands of industry pharmacists.
Several more schools are in the late stages of filing their chapter applications and will soon join the growing national network.
To start a chapter at your school, click here.
For the student benefits of joining IPhO, view the National Student Brochure here!
- March 06, 2018 11:12 amRT @fwpharma: Japan estimated to have saved 1.3 trillion yen in fiscal 2017 through increased use of #generic drugs https://t.co/eo3s2nuurm
- March 06, 2018 11:12 amRT @fwpharma: Bristol-Myers Squibb's Opdivo cleared for once every four-week dosing by FDA https://t.co/b3KMkrjnc4 $BMS
- March 06, 2018 10:08 am@JCP_L Estimated restoration was just changed to 3/8 - how is this acceptable? We have another snow storm coming.… https://t.co/YOAUcbeMZa
- February 15, 2018 06:16 pmRT @fwpharma: Novartis garners FDA clearance for generic version of three-times weekly Copaxone formulation https://t.co/2BSQT2W4X6 $NVS $T…
- February 15, 2018 06:16 pmRT @fwpharma: FDA clears Johnson & Johnson's Erleada for certain patients with prostate cancer https://t.co/Me3IBUxUxX $JNJ #FDA #pharma
- February 02, 2018 03:15 pmRT @fwpharma: AstraZeneca's fourth-quarter sales lift 3 percent, led by cancer drugs Lynparza, Tagrisso https://t.co/w3qkIGsipR $AZN
- February 01, 2018 01:48 pmRT @fwpharma: Seattle Genetics to acquire Cascadian Therapeutics for $614 million, gaining experimental cancer drug tucatinib https://t.co/…
- February 01, 2018 01:48 pmRT @fwpharma: BREAKING NEWS: Sanofi to buy Ablynx for 3.9 billion euros https://t.co/hnTeyc2MY2 $SNY $ABLX
- January 25, 2018 03:27 pmRT @fwpharma: US Senate confirms Alex Azar as HHS Secretary https://t.co/mG1BYGfpXg
- January 25, 2018 03:27 pmRT @fwpharma: Novartis licenses Sparks' ophthalmology gene therapy Luxturna outside the US https://t.co/597ZXieHlO
- January 25, 2018 03:27 pm@benjaminwittes https://t.co/LJvYhU71w6 prelude to a refusal to meet with OSC?
- January 22, 2018 08:53 amRT @fwpharma: BREAKING NEWS: Celgene to acquire Juno Therapeutics for around $9 billion https://t.co/pTNpdqMknP $CELG $JUNO
- January 22, 2018 08:53 amRT @fwpharma: BREAKING NEWS: Sanofi to buy Bioverativ for $11.6 billion https://t.co/1yddHyLNLO $SNY $BIVV
- January 22, 2018 08:53 amRT @fwpharma: Two late-stage studies of Teva's subcutaneously administered reslizumab in asthma fail to hit main goals https://t.co/HNPH76w…
- January 02, 2018 08:46 amRT @fwpharma: FDA rejects Agile Therapeutics' Twirla contraceptive patch for second time; shares drop https://t.co/kUBfgJMpRL
- January 02, 2018 08:46 amRT @fwpharma: AND: Mallinckrodt to buy Sucampo under $1.2-billion deal https://t.co/B1ocVXKgmS
- December 23, 2017 08:38 amRT @fwpharma: FDA designates Novartis' Tafinlar, Mekinist combination in melanoma for priority review https://t.co/VZPJVEsI7g
- December 21, 2017 09:20 amRT @fwpharma: AbbVie's selective JAK1 inhibitor upadacitinib meets main goals of Phase III rheumatoid arthritis study https://t.co/dZDK9Gkt…
- December 21, 2017 09:20 amRT @fwpharma: FDA clears Spark Therapeutics' gene therapy Luxturna for inherited form of retinal dystrophy https://t.co/J45VSKYWbZ $ONCE #G…
- December 19, 2017 09:46 amRT @fwpharma: Roche enters deal with DiCE Molecules to develop small-molecule drugs https://t.co/7gHQZZ7IdO $RHHBY