On March 17, 2018, at the Annual National E-Board Assembly in Nashville, TN, IPhO National Fellows Council (NFC) Co-Chief Zachary McCormack, PharmD, Global Commercial Oncology Fellow, Sanofi Genzyme, announced the winners of the 2nd Annual Value of Industry Pharmacists (VIP) Case Competition. California Northstate University College of Pharmacy IPhO Student Chapter was awarded 1st place for their outstanding creativity and demonstrated knowledge of the drug development process.
This competition—the first of its kind in the industry—tests students' pharmaceutical commercial development knowledge and allows them to apply what they know through an industry-based case scenario. This year, 29 student chapters participated in the competition.
The annual IPhO VIP Case Competition enables students to delve into multiple disciplines within the pharmaceutical industry as they develop their hypothetical drug, including, but not limited to: Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, and Commercial Functions. Each phase of the drug's development lifecycle presents a unique challenge that encourages students to think strategically and apply both their clinical and pharmaceutical industry knowledge.
On Saturday, March 17, 2018, students from across the country gathered in Nashville for the IPhO 5th Annual National Student Event.
Student leaders from many of the 54 student chapters attended the E-board National Assembly, which featured an update on the exciting plans in store for the growing national network of IPhO student chapters and recognized the hard work and dedication of chapter leaders.
On Saturday, February 17th, Industry Pharmacists Organization (IPhO) and its Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) School of Pharmacy chapter hosted the Western Regional Symposium. The event brought together students and representatives from top biotechnology companies to provide valuable information about industry career opportunities and insight into current issues, trends, and what to expect in industry.
Attendees heard from academic leaders at KGI, including Dr. Samit Shah, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, and Prof. Bernard Tyrrell, Associate Dean of Industry Relations, who spoke about industry’s need for the specialized training and skills that PharmD candidates offer their companies as well as the importance of drug development best practices in the future of industry.
- March 06, 2018 11:12 amRT @fwpharma: Japan estimated to have saved 1.3 trillion yen in fiscal 2017 through increased use of #generic drugs https://t.co/eo3s2nuurm
- March 06, 2018 11:12 amRT @fwpharma: Bristol-Myers Squibb's Opdivo cleared for once every four-week dosing by FDA https://t.co/b3KMkrjnc4 $BMS
- March 06, 2018 10:08 am@JCP_L Estimated restoration was just changed to 3/8 - how is this acceptable? We have another snow storm coming.… https://t.co/YOAUcbeMZa
- February 15, 2018 06:16 pmRT @fwpharma: Novartis garners FDA clearance for generic version of three-times weekly Copaxone formulation https://t.co/2BSQT2W4X6 $NVS $T…
- February 15, 2018 06:16 pmRT @fwpharma: FDA clears Johnson & Johnson's Erleada for certain patients with prostate cancer https://t.co/Me3IBUxUxX $JNJ #FDA #pharma
- February 02, 2018 03:15 pmRT @fwpharma: AstraZeneca's fourth-quarter sales lift 3 percent, led by cancer drugs Lynparza, Tagrisso https://t.co/w3qkIGsipR $AZN
- February 01, 2018 01:48 pmRT @fwpharma: Seattle Genetics to acquire Cascadian Therapeutics for $614 million, gaining experimental cancer drug tucatinib https://t.co/…
- February 01, 2018 01:48 pmRT @fwpharma: BREAKING NEWS: Sanofi to buy Ablynx for 3.9 billion euros https://t.co/hnTeyc2MY2 $SNY $ABLX
- January 25, 2018 03:27 pmRT @fwpharma: US Senate confirms Alex Azar as HHS Secretary https://t.co/mG1BYGfpXg
- January 25, 2018 03:27 pmRT @fwpharma: Novartis licenses Sparks' ophthalmology gene therapy Luxturna outside the US https://t.co/597ZXieHlO
- January 25, 2018 03:27 pm@benjaminwittes https://t.co/LJvYhU71w6 prelude to a refusal to meet with OSC?
- January 22, 2018 08:53 amRT @fwpharma: BREAKING NEWS: Celgene to acquire Juno Therapeutics for around $9 billion https://t.co/pTNpdqMknP $CELG $JUNO
- January 22, 2018 08:53 amRT @fwpharma: BREAKING NEWS: Sanofi to buy Bioverativ for $11.6 billion https://t.co/1yddHyLNLO $SNY $BIVV
- January 22, 2018 08:53 amRT @fwpharma: Two late-stage studies of Teva's subcutaneously administered reslizumab in asthma fail to hit main goals https://t.co/HNPH76w…
- January 02, 2018 08:46 amRT @fwpharma: FDA rejects Agile Therapeutics' Twirla contraceptive patch for second time; shares drop https://t.co/kUBfgJMpRL
- January 02, 2018 08:46 amRT @fwpharma: AND: Mallinckrodt to buy Sucampo under $1.2-billion deal https://t.co/B1ocVXKgmS
- December 23, 2017 08:38 amRT @fwpharma: FDA designates Novartis' Tafinlar, Mekinist combination in melanoma for priority review https://t.co/VZPJVEsI7g
- December 21, 2017 09:20 amRT @fwpharma: AbbVie's selective JAK1 inhibitor upadacitinib meets main goals of Phase III rheumatoid arthritis study https://t.co/dZDK9Gkt…
- December 21, 2017 09:20 amRT @fwpharma: FDA clears Spark Therapeutics' gene therapy Luxturna for inherited form of retinal dystrophy https://t.co/J45VSKYWbZ $ONCE #G…
- December 19, 2017 09:46 amRT @fwpharma: Roche enters deal with DiCE Molecules to develop small-molecule drugs https://t.co/7gHQZZ7IdO $RHHBY