SUMMER SESSION - JUNE 2018
The IPhO Industry Certificate Course is back by popular demand to prepare students, recent graduates, and younger professionals interested in pursuing an industry career. Entering its third year, the in-depth course curriculum explores all aspects of pharmaceutical commercialization, from drug development and regulatory approval, to marketing and sales strategies through life-cycle management. Each functional department is described and discussed with a focus on the roles and opportunities available for pharmacists to successfully contribute and achieve high levels of professional satisfaction.
HOW IT WORKS
This is a live, online course, taking place Wednesday evenings (8pm-10pm EST) for a period of 8 weeks.
Registered participants will have access to the archived lectures.
The research poster entitled, Demographics of Professors Teaching Industry-Related Courses within Accredited United States Colleges of Pharmacy, builds upon previous IPhO research published last year describing trends among industry-related courses within US accredited colleges of pharmacy.
Authors: Andy Szeto (pictured at left), University of the Pacific; Tayyeb Din, Long Island University; Marine Schmitt, Oregon State University; Rosemary Boshar, PharmD, Sanofi Genzyme/MCPHS Fellow (pictured at right); and Jerry Silverman, BS Pharm, Industry Pharmacists Organization, describe professor experience among industry-related courses within US accredited colleges of pharmacy.
This research shows a large variation in instructor experience ranging from 1 year to 40 years, with a mode of just one year of industry pharmacy experience. The authors hope that as student interest in industry continues to escalate, ACPE will revise their curriculum requirements to include industry topics, and in time this will facilitate a need for full-time industry-experienced professors.
To review this research poster, please click here to visit the IPhO Scholarly Publications section of our website.
The second research poster presented at Midyear 2017, Demographics of Current First- and Second-year Industry Fellows, reports upon changes in current fellows’ academic and experiential backgrounds to better prepare and guide applicants toward obtaining an industry fellowship.
The 2017-18 IPhO Industry Fellowship Analysis has been published!
The report highlights key characteristics of all current fellowship programs, such as functional area, academic affiliation and alma mater of the fellow, and 4-year trends of these data.
There are 442 PharmDs currently participating in US-based, industry-focused postgraduate fellowships, representing +17% growth versus last year.
Below is a sneak peak into just some of the findings in the publication.
Click here to view the full report and explore additional scholarly publications, presentations, industry posters, and more.
- February 15, 2018 06:16 pmRT @fwpharma: Novartis garners FDA clearance for generic version of three-times weekly Copaxone formulation https://t.co/2BSQT2W4X6 $NVS $T…
- February 15, 2018 06:16 pmRT @fwpharma: FDA clears Johnson & Johnson's Erleada for certain patients with prostate cancer https://t.co/Me3IBUxUxX $JNJ #FDA #pharma
- February 02, 2018 03:15 pmRT @fwpharma: AstraZeneca's fourth-quarter sales lift 3 percent, led by cancer drugs Lynparza, Tagrisso https://t.co/w3qkIGsipR $AZN
- February 01, 2018 01:48 pmRT @fwpharma: Seattle Genetics to acquire Cascadian Therapeutics for $614 million, gaining experimental cancer drug tucatinib https://t.co/…
- February 01, 2018 01:48 pmRT @fwpharma: BREAKING NEWS: Sanofi to buy Ablynx for 3.9 billion euros https://t.co/hnTeyc2MY2 $SNY $ABLX
- January 25, 2018 03:27 pmRT @fwpharma: US Senate confirms Alex Azar as HHS Secretary https://t.co/mG1BYGfpXg
- January 25, 2018 03:27 pmRT @fwpharma: Novartis licenses Sparks' ophthalmology gene therapy Luxturna outside the US https://t.co/597ZXieHlO
- January 25, 2018 03:27 pm@benjaminwittes https://t.co/LJvYhU71w6 prelude to a refusal to meet with OSC?
- January 22, 2018 08:53 amRT @fwpharma: BREAKING NEWS: Celgene to acquire Juno Therapeutics for around $9 billion https://t.co/pTNpdqMknP $CELG $JUNO
- January 22, 2018 08:53 amRT @fwpharma: BREAKING NEWS: Sanofi to buy Bioverativ for $11.6 billion https://t.co/1yddHyLNLO $SNY $BIVV
- January 22, 2018 08:53 amRT @fwpharma: Two late-stage studies of Teva's subcutaneously administered reslizumab in asthma fail to hit main goals https://t.co/HNPH76w…
- January 02, 2018 08:46 amRT @fwpharma: FDA rejects Agile Therapeutics' Twirla contraceptive patch for second time; shares drop https://t.co/kUBfgJMpRL
- January 02, 2018 08:46 amRT @fwpharma: AND: Mallinckrodt to buy Sucampo under $1.2-billion deal https://t.co/B1ocVXKgmS
- December 23, 2017 08:38 amRT @fwpharma: FDA designates Novartis' Tafinlar, Mekinist combination in melanoma for priority review https://t.co/VZPJVEsI7g
- December 21, 2017 09:20 amRT @fwpharma: AbbVie's selective JAK1 inhibitor upadacitinib meets main goals of Phase III rheumatoid arthritis study https://t.co/dZDK9Gkt…
- December 21, 2017 09:20 amRT @fwpharma: FDA clears Spark Therapeutics' gene therapy Luxturna for inherited form of retinal dystrophy https://t.co/J45VSKYWbZ $ONCE #G…
- December 19, 2017 09:46 amRT @fwpharma: Roche enters deal with DiCE Molecules to develop small-molecule drugs https://t.co/7gHQZZ7IdO $RHHBY
- December 15, 2017 09:39 amRT @ThePharmaLetter: EMA updates on Brexit and clinical trials overhaul https://t.co/rfmTwzeuWE
- December 15, 2017 09:39 amRT @fwpharma: Merck & Co.'s Keytruda fails late-stage study as second-line treatment for gastric cancer https://t.co/P77mkzRfgf $MRK
- December 15, 2017 09:39 amRT @pharmalot: Biosimilars may get to the market still faster thanks to a new court ruling.. read why here (ruling is here, too).. https://…