The research poster entitled, Demographics of Professors Teaching Industry-Related Courses within Accredited United States Colleges of Pharmacy, builds upon previous IPhO research published last year describing trends among industry-related courses within US accredited colleges of pharmacy.
Authors: Andy Szeto (pictured at left), University of the Pacific; Tayyeb Din, Long Island University; Marine Schmitt, Oregon State University; Rosemary Boshar, PharmD, Sanofi Genzyme/MCPHS Fellow (pictured at right); and Jerry Silverman, BS Pharm, Industry Pharmacists Organization, describe professor experience among industry-related courses within US accredited colleges of pharmacy.
This research shows a large variation in instructor experience ranging from 1 year to 40 years, with a mode of just one year of industry pharmacy experience. The authors hope that as student interest in industry continues to escalate, ACPE will revise their curriculum requirements to include industry topics, and in time this will facilitate a need for full-time industry-experienced professors.
To review this research poster, please click here to visit the IPhO Scholarly Publications section of our website.
The second research poster presented at Midyear 2017, Demographics of Current First- and Second-year Industry Fellows, reports upon changes in current fellows’ academic and experiential backgrounds to better prepare and guide applicants toward obtaining an industry fellowship.
The 2017-18 IPhO Industry Fellowship Analysis has been published!
The report highlights key characteristics of all current fellowship programs, such as functional area, academic affiliation and alma mater of the fellow, and 4-year trends of these data.
There are 442 PharmDs currently participating in US-based, industry-focused postgraduate fellowships, representing +17% growth versus last year.
Below is a sneak peak into just some of the findings in the publication.
Click here to view the full report and explore additional scholarly publications, presentations, industry posters, and more.
During the recent Midyear Meeting in Orlando, IPhO and its National Fellows Council hosted an exciting event for Fellows of all Fellowship Programs to network and to learn more about how to get a full time position post-fellowship. Moderated by IPhO Executive Director Jim Alexander, the program featured a series of roundtable discussions with successful fellowship alumni/industry executives who shared their insights and guidance on how to pursue a full-time position within industry.
- January 02, 2018 08:46 amRT @fwpharma: FDA rejects Agile Therapeutics' Twirla contraceptive patch for second time; shares drop https://t.co/kUBfgJMpRL
- January 02, 2018 08:46 amRT @fwpharma: AND: Mallinckrodt to buy Sucampo under $1.2-billion deal https://t.co/B1ocVXKgmS
- December 23, 2017 08:38 amRT @fwpharma: FDA designates Novartis' Tafinlar, Mekinist combination in melanoma for priority review https://t.co/VZPJVEsI7g
- December 21, 2017 09:20 amRT @fwpharma: AbbVie's selective JAK1 inhibitor upadacitinib meets main goals of Phase III rheumatoid arthritis study https://t.co/dZDK9Gkt…
- December 21, 2017 09:20 amRT @fwpharma: FDA clears Spark Therapeutics' gene therapy Luxturna for inherited form of retinal dystrophy https://t.co/J45VSKYWbZ $ONCE #G…
- December 19, 2017 09:46 amRT @fwpharma: Roche enters deal with DiCE Molecules to develop small-molecule drugs https://t.co/7gHQZZ7IdO $RHHBY
- December 15, 2017 09:39 amRT @ThePharmaLetter: EMA updates on Brexit and clinical trials overhaul https://t.co/rfmTwzeuWE
- December 15, 2017 09:39 amRT @fwpharma: Merck & Co.'s Keytruda fails late-stage study as second-line treatment for gastric cancer https://t.co/P77mkzRfgf $MRK
- December 15, 2017 09:39 amRT @pharmalot: Biosimilars may get to the market still faster thanks to a new court ruling.. read why here (ruling is here, too).. https://…
- December 15, 2017 09:38 amRT @fwpharma: Pfizer's Xeljanz garners FDA approval for psoriatic arthritis https://t.co/cxI2PtQjKe $PFE
- December 13, 2017 08:08 amRT @fwpharma: Eli Lilly sees low-single-digit sales growth in 2018 https://t.co/tL1clePOn9 $LLY
- December 13, 2017 08:08 amRT @fwpharma: Sanofi aims to file nine marketing applications over next 18 months https://t.co/Y33xmQEYqw $SNY
- December 08, 2017 09:44 amRT @fwpharma: Gilead boosts cellular therapy efforts with deal to buy Cell Design Labs https://t.co/o36usqHxCu $GILD
- December 08, 2017 09:44 amRT @fwpharma: Pfizer reports positive late-stage study data for PARP inhibitor talazoparib in breast cancer https://t.co/0Cq60AAIx5 $PFE #S…
- December 07, 2017 08:27 amRT @fwpharma: AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson pledge to invest in UK's life sciences sector https://t.co/u3CGt5F3yj $AZN $G…
- December 07, 2017 08:27 amRT @FiercePharma: With FDA priority review, $CLVS eyes big new use for Rubraca https://t.co/mjLuDLijbt
- December 07, 2017 08:27 amRT @fwpharma: Roche's Tecentriq, Avastin, chemotherapy combination doubles 12-month PFS in lung cancer study https://t.co/06KjWka9J8 $RHHBY
- December 07, 2017 08:27 amCongratulations to everyone - candidates, preceptors, company stakeholders - on making it through another #ASHP17 m… https://t.co/d86T08Zefi
- December 01, 2017 10:40 amRT @FiercePharma: Despite taking criticism over pharma ties, HHS nominee Azar pledges to take on drug prices at Senate hearing https://t.co…
- December 01, 2017 10:39 amRT @fwpharma: Bayer unblinds late-stage study of Xofigo, Zytiga combination in prostate cancer to examine higher fracture, death rates http…