IPhO is pleased to announce the addition of another new student chapter to our growing national network!
Congratulations to student pharmacists at Washington State University College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. IPhO now connects them to a national network of 63 chapters and 4,000 student pharmacists with similar interests, as well as a national network of hundreds of industry fellows and thousands of industry pharmacists.
Several more schools are in the late stages of filing their chapter applications and will soon join the growing national network.
To start a chapter at your school, click here.
For the student benefits of joining IPhO, view the National Student Brochure here!
This article was originally published on barbarapachtersblog.com.
It’s that time of year again – the time to make New Year’s resolutions. But instead of just going the traditional route – pledging to join a gym to work off holiday excesses – why not opt to give your career a boost as well? Resolve to improve your communication skills.
Yes, you read that last sentence correctly! How you communicate with others—whether in person, in writing, or online—has a tremendous impact on your career. It affects every aspect of your working life, no matter how good your specialized skills are in your particular field.
For the coming year, make these communication resolutions to enhance your career:
1. Resolve to keep your phone off the table when meeting with someone. Having your phone visible tells the other person, “I am so ready to drop you and connect with someone else.” It’s important to give people your full attention.
2. Take a presentation skills class. Work on becoming a better presenter. You need to get your point across. And if you do so effectively, not only does your audience gain information, but you look good.
Even though Midyear is behind you, there is still work to do! Some of you may already be embarking on your onsite interviews. Others may be searching for new fellowship opportunities. Wherever you are, check out the list of post-Midyear tips below to make sure you continue on as strongly and confidently as possible. Best of luck!
Continuing to Establish Connections
- Be sure to send thank you cards and/or emails to all team members who interviewed you onsite. Being so far into the process, these thank yous will help keep you fresh in the minds of those you met.
- Never stop networking! Continue to reach out to fellows/industry professionals to learn more about how to get your foot in the door, whether it be through applying for contract positions or other fellowship opportunities that arise post-midyear.
- December 19, 2018 08:00 amThe BioNJ Entrepreneurship Fellowship is recruiting! The program was created to mentor, develop, and train life sci… https://t.co/JJdOYHon6V
- December 09, 2018 09:00 amWelcome back from Midyear! Take some time to relax and then check out FellowMatch on IPhO to apply for open fellows… https://t.co/LBcuk3hQ19
- December 03, 2018 06:00 pm#ASHPMidyear is in full swing, so we're dropping in to remind you that interviews are also an important time to get… https://t.co/lUgEp1uI0q
- November 28, 2018 06:30 pmFinal reminder to submit your application for the Novocure PharmD Marketing Fellowship! Learn more about this NYC-b… https://t.co/EB1ZYBdXQa
- November 25, 2018 07:00 pmThank you to the 2018 Midyear Fellows Event supporters! Industry Fellows, if you haven't secured your spot at this… https://t.co/VKATI4UT6H
- November 22, 2018 09:03 amAs you count your many blessings this #Thanksgiving, know that IPhO is #thankful for you and your support these pas… https://t.co/WS20R5OU6l
- November 19, 2018 09:00 amThe RevHealth/IPhO Marketing Fellowship application is OPEN! Apply before December 6, 2018 for this opportunity in… https://t.co/865C6fxgpZ
- November 12, 2018 09:00 am2019 grads! Apply for @SeattleGenetics #fellowships in drug safety, regulatory affairs, medical writing, marketing,… https://t.co/mbK9iRbTEj
- November 05, 2018 08:00 amTop #fellowship programs are actively recruiting! View the open positions and apply online BEFORE #Midyear and from… https://t.co/WzGyuknBk8
- November 03, 2018 09:01 amAnnouncing a marketing fellowship in NYC for PharmDs! Informational webinar on 11/8 at 8PM ET. Register today! Spac… https://t.co/O49K0g2w5C
- October 26, 2018 09:01 amPractice the STAR technique (discuss the specific situation, task, action, and result of the experience you are des… https://t.co/FOPc1eCN3u
- October 23, 2018 07:00 pmLast chance to register for the UCB/IPhO Global Regulatory Affairs Fellowship informational webinar, taking place t… https://t.co/Hp003iysNG
- October 18, 2018 09:01 amThe most anticipated fellow event of the year is fast approaching! Register today to learn how to secure a full-tim… https://t.co/dYq7vSfEoW
- October 15, 2018 09:00 am#Fellowship recruitment season is here. Do you have the tools to succeed? https://t.co/X6sr7nDhlt https://t.co/X1CUExJ24B
- October 14, 2018 09:00 pmHappy birthday, IPhO! At just 6 years old, IPhO has grown its network to 60 student chapters! And it isn't slowing… https://t.co/VV13OAYtjy
- October 12, 2018 09:02 amLetters of recommendation should be written by those who can attest to your key skills (analytical, project managem… https://t.co/YwUc42DOKw
- October 10, 2018 09:01 amMeet Liam McGuey, PharmD, a current MCPHS/Sanofi Genzyme #fellow, as he talks about his current role and his favori… https://t.co/sH94NEE9CE
- October 09, 2018 09:01 amListen to a FREE webinar to learn more about the UCB/IPhO Global Regulatory Affairs Fellowship at 8 p.m. ET on 10/2… https://t.co/oAGgffkxVo
- October 07, 2018 09:01 amFellowship Central has the latest #fellowship recruiting news and events. PLUS, #studentpharmacists graduating in 2… https://t.co/01YsfP4fIb
- October 05, 2018 09:02 amBe sure to bring a professional portfolio—that zips and allows you to carry items securely—to hold your CVs at… https://t.co/fwso30eNtY