We are the only professional pharmacy organization dedicated exclusively to advancing the careers of industry-based pharmacists. Join as a member now to enjoy the full benefits of membership in IPhO, founded and brought to you by Industry Pharmacists, for Industry Pharmacists.
IPhO is pleased to announce the addition of a new local chapter to our growing national network!
Congratulations to student pharmacists at the West Virginia University School of Pharmacy. IPhO now connects them to a national network of 3,000+ student pharmacists with similar interests, as well as a national network of 375 industry fellows and 10,000 industry pharmacists.
Several more schools are in the late stages of filing their chapter applications and will soon join the growing national network.
To start a chapter at your school, visit here.
For the student benefits of joining IPhO, view the National Student Brochure here!
It’s that time of year again – the time to make New Year’s resolutions. But instead of just going the traditional route – pledging to join a gym to work off holiday excesses – why not opt to give your career a boost as well? Resolve to improve your communication skills.
Yes, you read that last sentence correctly! How you communicate with others—whether in person, in writing, or online—has a tremendous impact on your career. It affects every aspect of your working life, no matter how good your specialized skills are in your particular field.
For the coming year, make these communication resolutions to enhance your career:
1. Resolve to keep your phone off the table when meeting with someone.Having your phone visible tells the other person, “I am so ready to drop you and connect with someone else.” It’s important to give people your full attention.
2. Take a presentation skills class. Work on becoming a better presenter. You need to get your point across. And if you do so effectively, not only does your audience gain information, but you look good.
During the recent Midyear Meeting in Las Vegas, IPhO and its National Fellows Council hosted an exciting event for Fellows of all Fellowship Programs in the US to network, and to learn more about how to get a full time position post-fellowship. Moderated by IPhO Executive Director Jim Alexander, the program featured a series of roundtable discussions with successful fellowship alumni and other industry executives who shared their insights and guidance on how to pursue a full-time position within industry.
The IPhO National Fellows Council would like to thank the following table discussion leaders for volunteering their time and sharing their key insights:
- Adrienne Aiello, Manager, Scientific Publications, Sanofi Genzyme
(Alumna, Rutgers/Bayer Fellowship)
- Toni Burke, Associate Manager, Clinical Supply Management, Gilead
- Kevin Kerr, Manager, Clinical Development, Allergan
(Alumnus, USC/Allergan Fellowship
- Kimberly Lehman, Associate Director, Immuno-Oncology Medical Scientist, Bristol-Myers Squibb
(Alumna, Rutgers/BMS Fellowship)
- Shane McGann, Manager, Regulatory Affairs, Agios
(Alumnus, MCPHS/Genzyme Fellowship)
- John O'Brien, Associate Manager, Clinical Supply Management, Gilead
(Alumnus, MCPHS/Pfizer Fellowship)
- Alexander Schepart, Senior Manager, Medical Affairs, Pfizer
(Alumnus, Rutgers/Pfizer Fellowship)
- Elvis Osei Tutu, Manager, Global Regulatory Affairs, GlaxoSmithKline
(Alumnus, UNC/GSK Fellowship)
- Winnie Young, Manager, Clinical Supply Management, Gilead
IPhO would like to thank Gilead for its generous support of this event!
Stay tuned for more IPhO networking events in the near future!
- 14 hours agoRT @ThePharmaLetter: Positive Phase III results for Allergan and Gedeon Richter https://t.co/ENErgojf5A #pharma
- October 03, 2016 07:45 amRT @fwpharma: AstraZeneca board member steps down to head Chan Zuckerberg Initiative\'s science division https://t.co/SJvscIb7f5 $AZN $FB
- September 15, 2016 08:28 amRT @fwpharma: FDA advisory panels back removal of warning from anti-smoking therapy Chantix https://t.co/EZ75fHwN5y $PFE
- September 15, 2016 08:28 amRT @fwpharma: Study: GlaxoSmithKline\'s shingles vaccine Shingrix maintains efficacy over four years https://t.co/4JRuXM548j $GSK
- September 15, 2016 08:28 amRT @fwpharma: Roche says Ocrevus bests Merck KGaA\'s Rebif in relapsing multiple sclerosis study https://t.co/VuCCnPDXPE #ECTRIMS2016
- September 13, 2016 07:59 amRT @fwpharma: Horizon Pharma expands rare disease drug portfolio with $800-million deal to buy Raptor Pharmaceutical https://t.co/9xiMmD5LJ…
- September 06, 2016 08:20 amRT @fwpharma: AstraZeneca reports positive Phase III data for asthma therapy benralizumab https://t.co/IFa1WTsF8j $AZN #ERS2016
- September 06, 2016 08:20 amRT @fwpharma: Researchers identify several potential therapies among existing drugs to treat Zika virus infection https://t.co/ObdcuCAOel
- September 06, 2016 08:19 amRT @FiercePharma: Look out, Amgen: Novartis wins second FDA biosim approval, this time for Enbrel copy https://t.co/CNS3P0lHDS $NVS $AMGN #…
- September 06, 2016 08:19 amRT @fwpharma: Takeda gains up to $312 million in funding from US government to develop #Zika virus vaccine https://t.co/sn7MJIrZVR #pharma
- August 24, 2016 09:29 amRT @fwpharma: FDA awards priority review to Clovis\' investigational ovarian cancer drug rucaparib, shares rise https://t.co/t3hMbJi4EQ #pha…
- August 24, 2016 09:29 amRT @fwpharma: Eli Lilly, AstraZeneca\'s investigational Alzheimer\'s disease therapy AZD3293 granted FDA fast track status https://t.co/bhr4H…
- August 10, 2016 07:28 amRT @fwpharma: Biogen names planned haemophilia spinoff Bioverativ https://t.co/MsMwcOri8D $BIIB #pharma
- August 10, 2016 07:28 amRT @FiercePharma: Allergan expands Restasis sales force to fight off Shire\'s new dry eye threat https://t.co/0QYD7AyHfm $AGN $SHPG #pharma…
- August 09, 2016 08:23 amRT @fwpharma: Bristol-Myers Squibb\'s shares plunge as late-stage study of Opdivo in lung cancer misses main goal https://t.co/nzek7PiVoT $B…
- August 09, 2016 08:22 amRT @FiercePharma: Pfizer suspends work at Hospira India plant as FDA turns up ongoing problems https://t.co/X1aOuettAg $PFE #pharma by @Eri…
- August 09, 2016 08:22 amRT @fwpharma: Late-stage study of AstraZeneca\'s selumetinib in lung cancer misses main goal https://t.co/AippjZJMoR $AZN #pharma
- August 09, 2016 08:22 amRT @fwpharma: Biogen, Eisai to move BACE inhibitor E2609 into late-stage development for #Alzheimersdisease https://t.co/UomxRFQ4g2 $BIIB
- August 09, 2016 08:22 amRT @fwpharma: Merck KGaA lifts annual guidance on second-quarter performance of healthcare unit https://t.co/1WI9VuBukk #pharma
- August 03, 2016 07:45 amRT @fwpharma: Shire swings to Q2 loss on deal charges, sales boosted by Baxalta https://t.co/uVAWB6DItk