We are the only professional pharmacy organization dedicated exclusively to advancing the careers of industry-based pharmacists. Join as a member now to enjoy the full benefits of membership in IPhO, founded and brought to you by Industry Pharmacists, for Industry Pharmacists.
As IPhO continues to expand our commitment to student members, one of our key initiatives is to provide guidance for students to obtain industry internships. We are pleased to introduce new and updated resources to support identification and pursuit of industry internships.
This Industry Internship Toolkit includes:
- An updated version of the Guide to Industry Internships, adding a level of detail that cannot be found elsewhere including comprehensive outlines and guidance on every step of the internship identification and application process.
- The Internship Catalog Version 2.0 complete with the latest industry internship postings including direct links to company career sites and descriptions of internship opportunities and positions.
- The new LinkedIn Job Alert Guide. IPhO provides you with a guide on the latest methods of using LinkedIn to power your internship search! In this comprehensive step-by-step guide with illustrations, you’ll learn how to utilize LinkedIn effectively to receive internship listings directly to your LinkedIn profile and email.
We wish you the best of luck on your path to industry, and we encourage you to fully utilize these resources to advance your career pursuits!
IPhO welcomes your assistance in keeping the catalog as current and accurate as possible, so please send us any updates using our Contact Form.
IPhO would like to thank Brian Cheng, St. John’s University School of Pharmacy IPhO Chapter President for his work on these professional development resources.
It’s that time of year again – the time to make New Year’s resolutions. But instead of just going the traditional route – pledging to join a gym to work off holiday excesses – why not opt to give your career a boost as well? Resolve to improve your communication skills.
Yes, you read that last sentence correctly! How you communicate with others—whether in person, in writing, or online—has a tremendous impact on your career. It affects every aspect of your working life, no matter how good your specialized skills are in your particular field.
For the coming year, make these communication resolutions to enhance your career:
1. Resolve to keep your phone off the table when meeting with someone.Having your phone visible tells the other person, “I am so ready to drop you and connect with someone else.” It’s important to give people your full attention.
2. Take a presentation skills class. Work on becoming a better presenter. You need to get your point across. And if you do so effectively, not only does your audience gain information, but you look good.
During the recent Midyear Meeting in Las Vegas, IPhO and its National Fellows Council hosted an exciting event for Fellows of all Fellowship Programs in the US to network, and to learn more about how to get a full time position post-fellowship. Moderated by IPhO Executive Director Jim Alexander, the program featured a series of roundtable discussions with successful fellowship alumni and other industry executives who shared their insights and guidance on how to pursue a full-time position within industry.
The IPhO National Fellows Council would like to thank the following table discussion leaders for volunteering their time and sharing their key insights:
- Adrienne Aiello, Manager, Scientific Publications, Sanofi Genzyme
(Alumna, Rutgers/Bayer Fellowship)
- Toni Burke, Associate Manager, Clinical Supply Management, Gilead
- Kevin Kerr, Manager, Clinical Development, Allergan
(Alumnus, USC/Allergan Fellowship
- Kimberly Lehman, Associate Director, Immuno-Oncology Medical Scientist, Bristol-Myers Squibb
(Alumna, Rutgers/BMS Fellowship)
- Shane McGann, Manager, Regulatory Affairs, Agios
(Alumnus, MCPHS/Genzyme Fellowship)
- John O'Brien, Associate Manager, Clinical Supply Management, Gilead
(Alumnus, MCPHS/Pfizer Fellowship)
- Alexander Schepart, Senior Manager, Medical Affairs, Pfizer
(Alumnus, Rutgers/Pfizer Fellowship)
- Elvis Osei Tutu, Manager, Global Regulatory Affairs, GlaxoSmithKline
(Alumnus, UNC/GSK Fellowship)
- Winnie Young, Manager, Clinical Supply Management, Gilead
IPhO would like to thank Gilead for its generous support of this event!
Stay tuned for more IPhO networking events in the near future!
- Yesterday 08:17 amRT @FiercePharma: Pfizer, Merck, Lilly execs urge tax code revamp in letter to Congress https://t.co/YCgcqaXrb4 $MRK $PFE $LLY
- Yesterday 08:17 amRT @pharmalot: Lawmakers urge US Army not to issue an exclusive license to Sanofi for a Zika vaccine.. https://t.co/uLTMrVEQ78 #pharma $SNY…
- Yesterday 08:16 amRT @fwpharma: FDA grants priority review to Novartis' filing seeking expanded use of Zykadia in lung cancer https://t.co/aIAzfLc8U3 $NVS
- February 22, 2017 08:21 amRT @fwpharma: Sarepta sells FDA priority review voucher to Gilead for $125 million https://t.co/gozraza52g $SRPT $GILD
- February 22, 2017 08:21 amRT @pharmalot: Bad news for Momenta and Pfizer is a much-needed blessing for Teva https://t.co/brkdtkEidP #pharma $TEVA $MNTA $PFE
- February 22, 2017 08:19 amRT @fwpharma: Bayer posts 7.3-percent rise in Q4 sales of prescription drugs, led by Eylea, Xarelto https://t.co/ewdRZbbb63 $BAY
- February 21, 2017 08:45 amRT @fwpharma: Bristol-Myers Squibb names three independent directors after talks with shareholder https://t.co/iJyot1Xpwm $BMY
- February 21, 2017 08:44 amRT @WorldPharmaNews: AstraZeneca enters agreement with TerSera Therapeutics for Zoladex in the US and Canada https://t.co/DFRwui4joA
- February 21, 2017 08:44 amRT @fwpharma: Study: Celgene's ozanimod bests Biogen's Avonex in patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis https://t.co/bpRkJOjCNr $CELG
- February 16, 2017 09:35 amRT @FiercePharma: Would Pfizer, Roche or Novartis mega-merge with BMS? Rumors say they're crunching numbers now https://t.co/kEiFWEDsAI
- February 16, 2017 09:31 amRT @pharmalot: Former PBM ceo pleads guilty to paying kickbacks to win business.. details are here.. https://t.co/hOr8qgm1bw #pharma #drugp…
- February 16, 2017 09:31 amRT @fwpharma: Johnson & Johnson details how second bidder, rumoured to be Sanofi, missed out on buying Actelion https://t.co/ZcFhiLf9vN $JN…
- February 16, 2017 09:31 amRT @fwpharma: FDA approves Valeant's Siliq for plaque #psoriasis https://t.co/PoTsuA120N $VRX
- February 15, 2017 08:09 amRT @FiercePharma: MSF renews pricing protests over Pfizer, GSK pneumonia shots https://t.co/5powZpafjK
- February 15, 2017 08:09 amRT @fwpharma: Merck & Co. stops study of BACE inhibitor verubecestat in mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease https://t.co/8smurPkteN $MRK
- February 15, 2017 08:09 amRT @pharmalive: FDA Accepts CSL Behring's BLA Supplement For Using Privigen To Treat Rare Neurological Condition (PR Newswire) https://t.co…
- February 15, 2017 08:09 amRT @pharmalot: Former PBM ceo pleads guilty to paying kickbacks to win business.. details are here.. https://t.co/hOr8qgm1bw #pharma #drugp…
- February 14, 2017 09:15 amRT @fwpharma: Actelion's fourth-quarter sales, profit rise, buoyed by Opsumit, Uptravi https://t.co/lILHBdnjtt $ATLN
- February 14, 2017 09:15 amRT @fwpharma: Teva considering sale, spin-off of branded generics business: report https://t.co/akS7vd4xjc $TEVA
- February 13, 2017 09:25 amRT @fwpharma: Sanofi moves closer to completing Boehringer Ingelheim deal after agreeing to sell five OTC products to Ipsen https://t.co/h4…