IPhO News

Fellowship Recruiting: AIFA Consensus Statement

July 20, 2022

IPhO is pleased to share the following consensus statement on behalf of the newly-formed Academic Industry Fellowship Alliance (AIFA).

This decision is a step in the right direction to bring stability to a marketplace in which offers were trending earlier each year—as early as the beginning of November—which is 8 months before the Fellowship start date.

AIFA programs offer more than 70% of available fellowship positions. It is not known at this time what the offer timing will be for the other 25-30% of programs. Some may make offers earlier, some may agree to the December 7 timing, while others will extend offers later or even "off cycle."

Class of 2023 students are strongly encouraged to attend the upcoming IPhO Annual Meeting from September 9-11 for information on program updates. Students should also follow IPhO news posts/email announcements to learn more.

Consensus Statement:

Recognizing that the choice of a Post-Doctoral Industry Fellowship is an important decision, the Academic Industry Fellowship Alliance (AIFA) has agreed to extend offers for Fellowships no earlier than December 7, 2022.

  • AIFA is comprised of Keck Graduate Institute (KGI), Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS), Northeastern University Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowships, Purdue University College of Pharmacy, Rutgers Institute for Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowships (RPIF), Saint Joseph’s University, University of North Carolina Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics (UNC, DPET), and University of Southern California School of Pharmacy (USC School of Pharmacy).

AIFA sees this respect for candidate choice as a common aspect of the Program culture of each member institution. AIFA hopes that other academic and non-academic Fellowship Programs will respect this timeline.

Fellowship Programs interested in joining AIFA should contact any of the member institutions above via their Fellowship Program websites.

This content is only available for guests of the site.

Please create a guest account below. Already registered? Log in now!

Create a guest account
Login to your account