On Wednesday, March 28, 2018, MCPHS University Boston IPhO Student Chapter hosted its annual Northeast Regional Event. Students from across the region gathered to learn about the different oncology roles a pharmacist can have within the pharmaceutical industry. Students from 6 nearby IPhO chapters joined, including: MCPHS University Boston, Worcester, and Manchester, University of New England, Western New England University, and Northeastern University. This is the 5th year that MCPHS University Boston has hosted the event, which facilitates opportunities for networking with other students, faculty, fellows, and industry pharmacists.
Distinguished event speakers included:
- Dr. James Alexander, IPhO, Executive Director and Founder
- Dr. Chelsea Binkowski, AbbVie, Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
- Dr. Nick Heath, Takeda, Lead Pharmacovigilance Scientist
- Dr. Erin Larcom, Takeda, Medical Information Manager
- Dr. Craig Talluto, Novartis, Clinical Lead in Translational Clinical Oncology
The presentations provided valuable information about the various paths to industry that student pharmacists can explore, career opportunities for pharmacists interested in an oncology role in industry, and more.
Thank you to the event speakers, all the students who helped coordinate the event, and the event attendees.